Turmeric scientifically also known as Curcuma Longa is a brightly colored yellow spice used in the Indian household for centuries.
Curcumin is a pigment found in turmeric that not only provides its characteristic bright yellow color but also possesses medicinal value. These include Antibacterial, Antimicrobial, Anti-inflammatory, and Antioxidant effects. Because of these wide-ranging functions, turmeric has been studied in relation to arthritis, Eye conditions, Cancer, Heart Diseases, Alzheimer’s Disease, and much more.
Let us know in more detail about the Health Differ/Benefits of Turmeric
CURCUMIN ACTS AS A NATURAL ANTI-INFLAMMATORY COMPOUND:
- Curcumin in turmeric has proven strong anti-inflammatory properties that reduce the damage caused by Inflammation in the body. Studies have shown a possible effect of curcumin on people suffering from conditions such as Rheumatoid Arthritis, Inflammatory Bowel disease, and many others.
- This anti-inflammatory property of turmeric reduces the worsening of pre-existing joint problems.
- Properties : Pain-relieving
TURMERIC IS A POWERFUL ANTIOXIDANT:
- Turmeric has a natural anti-inflammatory compound and we know them as curcumin. A positive effect Is seen in curcumin for diseases which is helpful in reducing the incidence, intensity, and development of many chronic diseases and aging.
TURMERIC BOOSTS BRAIN- HEALTH:
- Curcumin may increase the levels of BDNF in the Brain, The Brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF) is responsible for promoting the life of neurons and also plays a role in memory and learning. Many common diseases have been linked to a low level of BDNF protein including Depression and Alzheimer’s disease.
CURCUMIN MAY LOWER YOUR RISK OF HEART DISEASES:
- Curcumin may help to reverse many steps in the heart disease process. Perhaps the main benefit of curcumin when it comes to heart disease is improving the function of endothelium which in turn regulate blood pressure. In addition, curcumin can help to reduce inflammation and oxidative damage which can play a key role in the development of heart diseases.
TURMERIC MAY HELP PREVENT CANCER:
- Curcumin has been studied as a beneficial herb in cancer treatment and has been found to affect cancer growth and development by contributing to the death of cancerous cells reducing angiogenesis by preventing the growth of new blood vessels in the tumor and reducing Metastasis which is the spread of cancerous cells.
- The tremendous benefits of curcumin can be seen in many inflammatory conditions, it works against inflammation, and has a potent anti-oxidant property. So one should incorporate turmeric into their Diet on a daily basis.