Users workstation should fulfill certain requirements to run the QuickBooks Desktop application. Insufficient requirements and compatibility issues can trigger many issues with QuickBooks. One such error that shows up is QuickBooks error c 343 which arises while opening the program. The error shows up on the screen accompanied by a message, “An error has occurred in QuickBooks. Please restart QuickBooks to try again.” The error c 343 in QuickBooks restrict the user from opening the company file in QuickBooks. Follow the blog until the end to get detailed information on error c 343 in QuickBooks.
If you are wondering how to overcome QuickBooks error c 343, call us on our toll-free number +1 800-579-9430 and connect with the QuickBooks technical support team for immediate and effective assistance
Primary reasons behind QuickBooks Desktop error c 343
Below are the major factors that give rise to error c 343:
- The user is operating an outdated and discontinued version of QuickBooks Desktop.
- The version of QuickBooks you are using is not compatible with Windows.
Read more :- Data Conversion Services
Fixing error c 343 in QuickBooks with Different Methods
Method 1. Download and Install the latest update of your QuickBooks version
- Close QuickBooks file, quit the QuickBooks Desktop application and go to the Windows Start menu.
- From the list of applications, locate and right-click the QuickBooks Desktop icon.
- Select the Run as administrator option. When the No Company Open screen will prompt up, go to the Help menu and select Update QuickBooks Desktop.
- Under the Options menu, choose Mark All and click the Save button.
- Click the Update Now tab, mark the Reset Update checkbox to clear previous updates and select Get Updates to start downloading the update.
- Complete the update process, open QuickBooks and install the update.
Method 2. Repair the damaged company file by running File Doctor from the QB Tool Hub
- Quit QuickBooks, open the Intuit official website and download the setup file of the most recent QuickBooks Tool Hub version.
- When the QuickBooksToolHub.exe file downloads completely, save it to a location you can easily access and then open the file from the saved location.
- Follow the instructions given on the screen and click on the agree to the terms and conditions checkbox to complete installing QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Once done, open the QuickBooks Tool Hub and move to the Company File Issues tab.
- Select Run QuickBooks File Doctor, click the Browse button to choose your company file and mark the Check your File option.
- Let File Doctor identify and resolve issues within the company file.
Method 3. Disable Windows compatibility for QuickBooks
- Quit QuickBooks Desktop, right-click the icon and choose Properties.
- Go to the Compatibility section, click on the Run this program in compatibility mode checkbox and select OK.
This blog on QuickBooks error c 343 ends here. We hope the troubleshooting solutions mentioned above will help you get rid of the issue. If nothing works, give a call on our toll-free number +1 800-579-9430 and connect with the certified QuickBooks expert’s team for help.