Southwest Airline booking gives us one of the best, most accessible, and easiest ways to use frequent flyer programs. Since every seat is available as an award, if you purchase Southwest Airlines tickets through cash, you won’t endlessly search for flights where you can even redeem your points. Southwest Airlines bookings are done both online and offline.
Why more and more passengers are choosing Southwest Airlines
Southwest is unique since it offers fare sales often. Every Tuesday to Thursday, travelers can save when they book flights to a particular destination. Sometimes, the price of a one-way flight can be as low as $39 during these sales.
The airlines change fee policy is the best:
The change fee policy of Southwest Airlines gives tough competition to other major airlines. Here are a few things you need to know about changing your ticket on Southwest:
- The ability to make changes to your Southwest tickets applies to all flight fare classes
- If your new key is more expensive, you have to pay the difference.
- Suppose your latest access is cheaper. Then you will receive the difference in the form of a refund or as travel credit, depending on the type of fare class.
If there is a price drop, the airline lets you rebook:
In case the SouthWest Airline tickets price drop after you’ve booked, you will get that money back. If you have booked Southwest’s Business Selector Anytime fares, you must cancel your flight and rebook the same. Hence, you can cancel and rebook, and you’ll receive the cost from your canceled flight as travel funds, Southwest’s version of store credit. Funds do not terminate and can be applied to your future travel. You can also re-use the same honor on the new cheap flight and make some savings for the future.
The airline offers Companion Pass:
If you are a frequent flyer and love traveling with a friend, then you have good news. The Southwest offers a benefit which is The Companion Pass. Southwest’s Companion Pass allows a person of your choice to fly free for the rest of the year in which you earn the pass and the year following it.
Therefore, if you have a Companion Pass and purchase a fare in the form of cash or points for yourself, then you will be provided with the option to book a seat for them, too. You only need to pay the taxes and fees.
The onboard entertainments are free:
You will get free access to movies and on-demand content onboard by downloading the Southwest app. Without the app, you will also get access to entertainment, including free messaging through iMessage and WhatsApp, free live TV, and free music.
WiFi on the airline costs $8 per day. However, it is free for members of A-List Preferred. If you hold the Southwest Rapid Rewards Performance Business Credit Card, you will get 365 $8 WiFi credits per year.
The policies are customer-friendly:
Southwest has always shown a good record of consumer-friendly responses. Since the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic, the airline already had one of the most flexible change and cancellation policies.
As a result, it was able to rank well in the analysis of which airlines handled COVID-19 the best. Besides the flexible change policies, Southwest has quickly shifted to a mask requirement and new cleaning procedures since the pandemic’s start.
Southwest Airlines Anytime Fares
Southwest Anytime offers an excellent ratio of flexibility to cost. Even Though this type of ticket costs more, it also comes with tangible perks, including higher rewards earning rates on the cost of your flight and a flexible change and cancellation policy. Here are a few things to expect during booking a Southwest Anytime fare:
- You can earn around 10x Rapid Rewards points per dollar.
- With Early Bird Check-In, you will get a better boarding position than those who do not. A full refund will be made to your original form of payment as long as you cancel your flight at least 10 minutes before you fly.
- You can make changes on a free same-day confirmed flight unless there is an open seat on a flight that is heading to the same destination as your original ticket.
- You will get access to a free same-day standby list.
- You will get up to two free checked bags per person listed on the reservation.
- You will be provided with free in-flight entertainment on your device.
With the help of anytime fares on Southwest, the passengers will be given more flexibility compared to Wanna Get Away fares. However, fewer perks are offered than Business Select fares. The extra rewards might add a few want to Get Away fares along with a significant change and cancellation policy.
Some interesting facts about Southwest
Below are some facts you must know before booking your flight with SouthWest Airline.
- Southwest airline often provides sales. The airline also frequently provides coupons and promo codes when available. Southwest coupons are applicable to certain destinations during certain times.
- One of the best ways to find Southwest coupons and promo codes is by checking RetailMeNot. You can also explore the “Special Offers” page on the Southwest website.
- Another option is signing up for emails from Southwest. You will get the latest news, information, and offers, including Southwest coupons.
- Southwest also has a Black Friday sale, which is held every year. The airline has featured many Black Friday deals up to a week early.
- The Southwest Black Friday deals generally include deals on flight and hotel packages along with the ability to earn extra Rapid Rewards points.
With the help of the airline’s customer service, customers can book tickets and see the status of any flight at any time. With Southwest Airlines Book a flight system, records are maintained in a database that can be updated from time to time.