These best breakfast recipes are ideal for those hectic mornings.
For those agitated days, say hi to these quick, easy breakfast ideas that’ll put the preparation in your step on even your hectic and busiest mornings.
- Moong Dal Chilla:
Did you know chilla is also known as pudas, pudlas and polis in India?
This moong dal chilla recipe is top-rated in north India, Rajasthan and Gujarat. In India, we are called Indian pancakes.
Ingredients required for Moong Dal Chilla:
For the Chilla:
- 1 cup split and husked yellow lentils (yellow moong dal)
- 1teaspoon salt
- 1teaspoon chopped ginger
- 1green chilli
- ¼cup chopped onion
- 1tablespoon chopped coriander
- vegetable oil for frying
For the filling
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 teaspoon cumin seeds
¼ cup chopped onion
1 teaspoon chopped green chilli
Salt to taste
¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
1 cup grated or crumbled paneer
1 tablespoon chopped coriander
How to prepare Moong Dal Chilla:
- Firstly, wash the one cup yellow moong dal and wash it 2 to 3 times with water and soak the dal for 5 to 6 hours at least.
- Then drain the water and add soaked dal into the grinder and add one green chilli and one cup of water and make a smooth paste.
- Take a large bowl and put this paste into the bowl.
- Then add one teaspoon salt, ¼ cup chopped onion, 1 tablespoon chopped coriander, and some more water and make a batter like dosa batter.
- Now we have to make the filling.
- Take the pan and add one tablespoon of oil into the pan.
- When oil is hot add one teaspoon of cumin seeds and stir well for 2 to 3 seconds.
- Then add ¼ cup of chopped onion and 1 teaspoon of green chillies and stir well till it is tender.
- Add one teaspoon of turmeric powder and salt according to taste and add crumbled cheese and one to two tablespoons of coriander leaves mix it well and remove from the heat.
- Take a non-stick pan on low heat.
- Then pour two ladles of batter into the centre of the pan.
- Now make the batter into a round shape, with the help of a ladle.
- Add ghee on both sides and cook well from both sides.
- Do the same process with the remaining batter.
- Serve on a plate and enjoy with sauce.
Nutritional Information for Moong Dal Chilla:
Calories: 378kcal |
Carbohydrates: 34g |
Protein: 21g |
Fat: 18g |
Saturated Fat: 11g |
Cholesterol: 37mg |
Sodium: 647mg |
Potassium: 519mg |
Fiber: 15g |
Sugar: 2g |
Vitamin A: 48IU |
Vitamin C: 8mg |
Calcium: 308mg |
- Rice kheer:
Morning breakfast special kheer recipe, anyone can make.
It is delicious like an earthquake cake recipe.
As you know it is an Indian dessert. So you must be fascinated by what is rice kheer.
Ingredients required for Rice kheer:
¼ cup basmati rice
1-litre whole milk – 4 cups
6 tablespoons sugar or add as required
½ teaspoon cardamom powder or 5 to 6 green cardamoms powdered in mortar-pestle (choti elaichi powder)
1 pinch of saffron strands or 14 to 16 saffron strands
1 tablespoon chopped or sliced almonds or blanched almonds
1 tablespoon chopped or sliced cashews
1 tablespoon chopped or sliced unsalted pistachios
1 tablespoon golden raisins
How to prepare Rice kheer:
- Firstly wash the rice into the water.
- Then soak the rice for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Take a small pan and heat the water.
- When water is bubbling switch off the flame.
- Then add seven to eight almonds to it.
- Cover and set it aside for 30 minutes.
- Take large saucepan and add full-fat milk into the wide pan.
- Turn the flame to medium-high heat and stir well fully till milk does not stick to the bottom of the pan.
- We have to boil the milk.
- Take a small bowl and put one tablespoon of milk into the small bowl.
- Then add a few saffron strands into the milk and set it aside.
- When the milk begins to boil exhaust all the water from the rice and add into the hot boiling milk and mix it very well.
- Keep the flame low and cook rice on low heat.
- Continue to cook the rice grains till they are 50 per cent cooked.
- Then mix sugar according to your taste.
- Cook the rice well.
Flavouring the Rice Kheer:
- Then add half a teaspoon of cardamom powder and add blanched and peeled sliced almonds, chopped cashews and sliced pistachios and mix it well till well combined.
- Then add in it saffron-infused milk.
- Mix it well and continue cooking it on low flame till rice kheer thickens.
- At the last add golden raisins.
- Take a serving bowl and pour the kheer into the serving bowl.
- We can serve kheer hot, warm or chilled.
- We can refrigerate kheer in a closed container for one to two days.
- Enjoy this delicious dish.
Nutritional Information for Rice Kheer:
Amount Per serving (1 small bowl)
Calories 140Calories from Fat 27
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 1g6%
Vitamin B1 (Thiamine) 1mg67%
Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin) 1mg59%
Vitamin B3 (Niacin) 1mg5%
Vitamin B6 1mg50%
Vitamin E 1mg7%
Vitamin K 1µg1%
Vitamin B9 (Folate) 3µg1%