Pranayama to Control Blood Pressure: Nowadays the problem of high blood pressure is being seen in people of all age groups. It is also called hypertension and silent killer. Patients of high blood pressure are at higher risk of heart disease and stroke, its patients have to take medicines to keep BP under control, if you want, along with this regularly do some special things. You can also do pranayama, this will keep your blood pressure under control, you will also be protected from heart diseases.
If you are a fitness freak and want to know more about yoga poses, then you can join a Yoga Teacher Training in Bali.
Symptoms of high blood pressure:
Symptoms such as difficulty in breathing, feeling tired, headache, dizziness and chest pain are seen due to high blood pressure, so do not ignore these symptoms at all. It can cause heart diseases.
Causes of high blood pressure:
Nowadays poor lifestyle, eating or diet, obesity, smoking can be the causes of high blood pressure, apart from this, an inactive lifestyle can also cause high blood pressure. Therefore, a healthy diet and regular exercise are necessary to keep blood pressure under control, if you want, you can also take the help of yoga to keep blood pressure under control. Yoga helps to overcome many health problems. It removes stress, as well as helps in reducing high blood pressure, if you want to control blood pressure through yoga, then you can do 4 pranayama regularly, Anulom-Vilom and Sheetali Pranayama Blood pressure It is very beneficial for the patients. Learn Pranayama for blood pressure
Pranayama for high blood pressure:
Yoga has been given an important place in Ayurveda, by doing yoga regularly, every person can remain healthy and yoga makes a person healthy, as well as prolongs life. Yoga removes diseases caused by poor lifestyle, so yoga or pranayama is beneficial in high blood pressure also.
1. Anulom vilom for BP
Doing anulom vilom regularly in the morning or on an empty stomach is very beneficial for health and doing anulom vilom strengthens the lungs, it improves the flow of oxygen, as well as doing anulom vilom cures respiratory diseases. It also relieves stress. Anulom vilom can also be practiced to keep blood pressure under control, the method of anulom vilom –
- To do Anulom Vilom, first of all, lay a mat in a calm environment, sit on it in Padmasana or Sukhasana.
- Now close the right nostril with the thumb of your right hand, inhale through the left nostril, then close the left nostril and exhale through the right nostril.
- Then close the left nostril, breathe through the right nostril and release it through the left nostril, you can do this process for about 10 minutes.
2. Bhramari Pranayama
By doing Bhramari Pranayama, you can always remain stress free, doing this pranayama daily gives relief from thyroid, sinus problems. Along with this, by doing bhramari pranayama, migraine disease is also removed. If Bhramari Pranayama is done regularly, then blood pressure can also be kept under control. Learn
Method of Bhramari Pranayama –
- To do Bhramari Pranayama, first sit in Padmasana or Sukhasana on a mat, now close the ears with the thumbs of both your hands.
- After this, place the index finger on the forehead and keep the middle, ring finger and Kanishka finger above the eyes.
- Keep your mouth closed, then breathe through your nose at a normal pace.
- Now exhale while exhaling like a honey-bee from the nose itself.
- You can repeat this process for about 5 minutes.
3. Sheetali Pranayama
Doing Sheetali Pranayama is very beneficial for people of pitta nature, it removes the problem of acidity and even stomach ulcers, by doing this the digestive power becomes strong. Sheetali Pranayama also lowers blood pressure and reduces the risk of heart disease, as well as relieves stress by doing Sheetali Pranayama.
How to do Sheetali Pranayama:
- To do Sheetali Pranayama, sit on a mat in a clean place.
- Take out your tongue and shape it like a pipe, then breathe through it and then close your mouth by filling your stomach with air.
- Close the front part of the jaw to the chest, then hold the breath and exhale through the nose by straightening the neck.
- That is, in this pranayama, you have to slowly inhale the breath with the help of the tongue and then release it, you can do it according to your ability.
4. Benefits of Shitkari pranayama
Sheetkari Pranayama cools the body and mind, it relaxes the muscles, it strengthens the gums, and it also helps lower blood pressure. Sheetkari Pranayama is good for keeping teeth healthy. Learn the method of Sheetkari Pranayamas-
- To perform cold pranayama, first sit in meditation posture.
- Keep your hands in knowledge posture on the knee.
- Add teeth to each other. Keep the hands separated. During this time your teeth should appear.
- Now breathe through the teeth. When you breathe, close your mouth.
- After this, slowly exhale from the nose.
- You can repeat this process many times.
Sukhasana, Balasan, Shavasan, Bhujangasana are also beneficial for high blood pressure patients. You can control blood pressure through yoga and pranayamas. Do yoga according to the expert’s advice if your blood pressure is high.